Evangelical

The Armenian Evangelical Community of Anjar

The Armenian Evangelical denomination of Mousa Dagh, although not numerous, began to be reformed immediately after their arrival to Anjar.

In 1940, the school was established, while the church was constructed in 1941. The first Armenian Evangelical pastor working in Anjar was Rev. Aram Hadidian, who had come there with the people.

After 1955, the school was developed. It had kindergarten, elementary, intermediate and secondary sections, with luminous classrooms, laboratory and hall. Step by step, the school was transformed into a modernized educational institution.

In 1964, the school had 550 students and 29 teachers. In 1970, the number of students reached 650 and of teachers, 30. Now, it has 320 students and 30 teachers.

The teachers and students cooperate in the publishing of the "Shiraz” yearbook, which compiles the students’ literary essays and reveals the various projects and activities held during the school year.

In 1953, the secondary section was added to the school, contributed by the Hilfsbund Missionary, Swiss and German supporters and administered by Sister Hedwig. She supervised everything devotedly, with the help of Sisters Anna and Mary. Later, the school also had its boarding departments where Armenian students, coming from various regions of Lebanon, Syria, and the Near East were nourished and educated.

After working 14 years with the refugees in Greece,  Sister Hedwig arrived Anjar in 1947, even in her own observation, Anjar was a desert, hot, dusty and burning… Under these circumstances, she began her dedicated work in educating, caring, teaching and administring…

By the contribution of the Missionary, a school was established also in the neighboring village Majdal, first an elementary, now already intermediate.

During the first ten months more than 8541 patients got medical help and later thousands of patients, from Anjar and the neighborhood, received medical care.

In 1976, by the contribution of Dr. Puzant Krirorian, the "Hedwig” hall was built, to honor Sister Hedwig’s self devoted services. Later, her statue was built in the yard of the school.
The Missionary built its new center "Mission House” in 1996.

In 1941, the denomination established its "Chanits” Youth Association, which has had religious, national, and educational activities. In the same years, the Sunday school and the Women’s Committee were organized.

In 1985, the Alumni club was established, which contributed to the school by its activities.

LOGO en

Latest News

2017-02-21 18:51:06
2017-01-27 15:48:11
2017-01-21 19:01:36
2017-01-16 17:44:03
2017-01-13 18:01:33
2017-01-08 19:15:42
2017-01-06 20:45:50

Mousaler

Mousaler

From Mousaler to anjar, Traditions, Occupations, Lifestyle, Heroic Battle, Dialect.  It is impossible to talk about Anjar and its population without mentioning Mousa Dagh and Mousadaghians...
 

Anjar

Communities

Communities

Orthodox, Catholic, Evangelical Communities The Mousadaghians were mostly Orthodox who had many pastors in their community...

Associations

Associations

ARF, Hamazkayin, Armenian Red Cross, Homentmen, Anjar Black Belt Amity Associations acting in Anjar...

Figures

Figures

Political, Religious, Martyrs, Writers, Artsits, Donors, Scientists, Musicians List of Figures of Anjar.

Library

Tourist Guide

Tourist Guide

Map, Beautiful Scenes, Restaurants...
 

Communities